Welsh Ski Squad
Achieving the highest standards in ski racing is recognised in Wales by selection in the first instance to one of our representative Welsh Ski Squads. Selection to the Welsh Squad forms part of the Alpine Development Pathway with next steps being selection to GB national teams and status.
– to be considered for Welsh selection racers must:
- Be eligible under the following Welsh National Criteria
* be born in Wales
* have one parent or grand parent born in Wales
* be resident in Wales for the last three years
- Be registered with the National Coaching Scheme as Welsh.
- Indicate that they are available to represent Wales for a twelve month period minimum after selection.
- Selection – Skiers may apply to be selected annually to the Welsh National Squad by the selectors , appointed by the Snowsport Wales following a squad selection. It is necessary to be eligible for selection by way of a seedpoint base line entry level. Skiers will then be selected from these eligible based upon technical ability, fitness, competition results and commitment to competition and training. Skiers selection can also be withdrawn if they fail to maintain an effective programme and commitment.
Welsh Ski Team and Academy Selection Criteria is set out in the document below (updated January 2023)
The skiers selected to the squads for 2023 are as follows:
WALES ELITE SQUAD
Wales Ski Squad
Charlie Wilberforce Marsh
Wales Ski Development Group – Selection Group Status 2023