Welsh Ski Squad
Achieving the highest standards in ski racing is recognised in Wales by selection in the first instance to one of our representative Welsh Ski Squads. Selection to the Welsh Squad forms part of the Alpine Development Pathway with next steps being selection to GB national teams and status.
– to be considered for Welsh selection racers must:
- Be eligible under the following Welsh National Criteria
* be born in Wales
* have one parent or grand parent Welsh
* be resident in Wales for the last three years
- Be registered with the National Coaching Scheme as Welsh.
- Indicate that they are available to represent Wales for a twelve month period minimum after selection.
- Selection – Skiers may apply to be selected annually to the Welsh National Squad by the selectors , appointed by the Snowsport Wales following a squad selection. It is necessary to be eligible for selection by way of a seedpoint base line entry level. Skiers will then be selected from these eligible based upon technical ability, fitness, competition results and commitment to competition and training. Skiers selection can also be withdrawn if they fail to maintain an effective programme and commitment.
Welsh Ski Team and Academy Selection Criteria is set out in the document below
The skiers selected to the squads for 2020/21 are as follows:
Wales Elite Team
Wales Ski Squad
Wales Ski Development Group – New Selection Group Status 2021