Snowsport Cymru Wales Privacy Notice
Snowsport Cymru Wales is the governing body for Snowsports in Wales. As such, it is a “controller” of personal information it holds for its members and non-member participants who submit data for non membership purposes.
Snowsport Cymru Wales takes privacy seriously and this privacy notice sets out how the company will use personal data, who it will be shared with, how it will be kept secure and your rights as potential data subjects.
What we need from our individual members
When individuals register or renew membership of Snowsport Cymru Wales for themselves or on behalf of children under the age of 18, they will be asked for the following personal information:
- Contact details – name, address, email address, and date of birth, telephone number
- The Membership Category required
- Payment details- bank account number, sort code, card details
- Equality information – disability (if any), ethnic group, religious belief, gender identity and sexual orientation.
- Additional information regarding how they engage with and participate in the sport
If all the requested personal information is not provided this can affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
What we need from non-member competitors or course attendees
When individuals (whether members or not) register for courses or events, they will be asked for the following personal information:
• Contact details – name, email address, telephone or mobile number and date of birth • Payment details- bank account number, sort code, card details
• Additional information relating to the classifications of the event
What we need from our Athletes
When athletes join any of the Snowsport Cymru Wales performance programs information relevant to athletic performance will be stored by Snowsport Cymru Wales for the duration of the athletes involvement with said program. This could include the following information –
• Contact details – name, address, email address, and date of birth, telephone number • Contact details for legal guardian and/or next of kin
• Parental consent forms to engage in program and activities
• Medical information relevant to athletic capabilities
• Physical testing information
• Technical profiling information and video evidence to back that up • Coach notes
Why personal information is needed – contractual purposes
FOR MEMBERSHIP: Members personal information is required for contractual purposes so that we can communicate with them to manage their membership record. Members’ personal data will also be used to:
- Provide them with core member services, including insurance, membership cards and end of year renewal communications
- Set up and administer online membership accounts to provide members with online access to their account, enabling them to manage their own membership and communication preferences
- Send out membership communications by email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, membership renewals and information on membership benefits.
- If members do not provide all the personal information require then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why personal information is needed – legitimate purposes
Snowsport Cymru Wales processes personal information of members and attendees of courses and events attendee information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Communicate information about timetables activities, services and benefits relating to the products of Snowsport Cymru Wales and its delivery partners servicing the sport in Wales.
- Promote and encourage participation in Snowsports by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be
- filmed or photographed and individuals personal information may also be used in images captured from competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes.
- Send our newsletter to members
- Provide resources for accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checkingyour personal information to ensure entrants are entered into the correct category.
- Develop and maintain our members’ qualifications, including sending emailcommunications to members to inform them of upcoming courses, renewal requirementsand verify that they have completed any mandatory training requirements.
- Respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, supportneeds or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to Snowsport Cymru Wales. We will use personal information to investigate complaint, suspend membership and take disciplinary action where appropriate.
Where we process personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, all members and contacts have the right to object to us using their personal information for the above purposes.
If you or any person should wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with our obligations as part of our Safeguarding and Protecting Children Policy to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
Why we need your personal information – equality monitoring
We use aggregated and anonymised reports of personal information relating sex, gender, disability, ethnic group, religion for equality monitoring purposes, enabling us to evaluate and promote equality of opportunity within our sport.
Other uses of individuals personal information
We may ask members and persons for whom we hold data if we can process information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide individuals with an additional privacy notice with information on how the information will be used.
Who we share personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice. In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific and legitimate snowsports purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
As an individual member of a club or organisation affiliated to Snowsport Cymru Wales we may be appointed by your club to host your personal information on our database system, where your club or organisation chooses to use our online club membership software system.
In this instance, your personal information will only be processed in line with the legitimate purposes detailed above. In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information as strictly required for the specific purposes detailed above.
How we protect your personal information
All personal information is stored on our membership database which is hosted on servers that are GDPR compliant. This database is only accessed by our staff and volunteers for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep personal information for as long as necessary to provide members with membership services or to manage individual’s interaction with courses or events. Unless asked not to, we will review and possibly delete personal information where it relates to individuals that have not engaged with courses or events or renewed membership within the last ten years.
Individuals may exercise any of the following rights by writing to email@example.com or by logging on to their online membership profile.
Individuals rights in relation to your personal information are:
- The right to request access to their personal information held by making a “subject access request”
- The right to request that personal information is corrected
- The right to have restricted the processing of their personal information
- The right to deletion of their personal data
Any requests received by Snowsport Cymru Wales will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
Policy Implementation Date : May 2018